Zauni Tanil. Author.
Providing a fresh perspective on style, entertainment, and the influential people that cultivate the current cultural landscape.
the cultural journal -
"I wanted a place to explore
Across Sin City
Las Vegas is a fascinating place. I wanted to create a space to document experiences around the city, and shine a light on those who are truly the heartbeat of this place. Whether its dining, cocktailing, shopping, or
Poetry & Prose -
Follow for behind-the-scenes of life in Las Vegas
Daily poetry and prose with a healthy mix of music and art.
After graduating in 2016 with a Bachelors of Science, Zauni moved to Las Vegas to create the digital magazine, Unxommon Vegas, Las Vegas's premiere site for millennial entertainment. In 2017 the site expanded to a full-service media agency. Currently Zauni works as a managing partner for Unxommon Media, runs the blog / cultural journal Zauni Tanil, and is a contributing editor for Vegas Seven. She also freelances for various style and entertainment publications where she interviews local and celebrity talent. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada and Atlanta, Georgia.
I write because I exist. There is no separation. I believe in passion, raw honesty, and the necessity of hope - all of which I infuse in my writing. I love seeing people win, and I love celebrating dreams - the pursuit, the achievement, and the aftermath.
"I believe in telling stories and crafting legacies."
A Few Favorite Moments:
- Interviewing Grammy award winning artist Zedd, and breaking the story on his 2017 Las Vegas residencies.
- Speaking with NBA player, Golden State Warrior Patrick McCaw about the moment his dreams shifted to reality (and what shoes he'd wear in the playoffs).
- Choreographer and movement artist Jon Boogz detailing the steps he took to go from street performing to choreographing a Cirque Du Soleil show, and working with Pharell, Adidas, and Complex.
- Having Kehlani reach out to show love for my freshly launched Unxommon Magazine,
- Shinning a light on dancer and Drai's production coordinator, Aaron Gillam as he discussed what it's like touring with DJ Esco, and shooting a video with Future.
Right photo: Zach McKee